I am tempted to create this blog on Communal Harmony, because I have traveled many parts of the country and earned my food and wisdom due to the hospitality of people from other communities. With out their love, support and well wishes I would not have been as what I am today, as a successful Management consultant. From my interaction from my well wishers, I am doubly confident that, among the common man friendship out live religion or cast.
Needless to mention, where ever in the world you go, you will come across a Malayali family( Keralaites) to receive you and offer food. There is even a joke about them" Even if you visit MOON, there you will see a Maloo tea shop and Sikh dhabba. These two communities have in common their ability to mingle with any community. Today Malayalies play a significant contributions to the world as a whole.
I attribute this phenomenon to the foresight of our fore fathers and rulers who encouraged international trade and allowed wisdom of other communities to mingle with ours. Sri ChithiraThirunal Maharaja, the last ruler of Travancore, was the first ruler to open the temples to backward communities.
Stories of Ayyappan, with VAVAR & Arthunkal Church rekindles in our mind, Hindu Muslim, Christian friend ship. Christians have a significant role in making of Kerala 100% literate, charity and hospitals. Marxism had made the people think about kindness and dignity of labor.
Today perhaps, Kerala is the only state where freedom of speech for all is practiced.
Mahatma Gandhi died saying HEY RAM, nevertheless every Indian & all religions in India accept him as the father of our Nation. But most of the youngsters doesn't know much about Mahatma Gandhi.
In this context, I strongly believe for the common man it is the family friendship between communities out weigh beyond the religion.
Lets all rekindle the flames of friend ship. Let the world know India has a tradition of communal harmony. No one can split India by cast and creed. We are all brothers and sisters.
Please write to me at kartha.nandakumar@gmail.com about your friendship with other communities. I shall publish them in your name. I look forward to 60million internet users to send me just the list of the names of their friends.I am sure there will be no one in this 60 million internet users who has not enjoyed the hospitality of other communities.
Jaihind!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment